This is post is going to show us How to convert word to PDF format, from any other format to PDF or from PDF to any other document type.
One way or the other, we have come across a situation where we need to convert document to other format mostly to PDF but don’t know how to convert word to PDF.
Before we go further on How to convert word to PDF, let us quickly understand the word PDF.
What is PDF
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a fixed layout electronic document that preserves document formatting and enables file sharing.
That is, when PDF format file is viewed online, printed or copied to another system; it retains the original format that you want.
For example, copying a Microsoft word from 2003 to 2013 or 2016 will make some slight but noticeable changes to the formatting.
It is advised to convert to PDF in order to avoid document formatting being changed.
PDF format is also very useful for documents that will be reproduced using commercial printing methods.
Why Choose PDF
The advantage of using PDF format is when you want a file that will:
- Looks the same on most computers and Word Processors.
- PDF has a smaller file size compare to other document type.
- Comply with industry format.
NOTE: For those you who are using Office 2003 and below, the first method may not work for you.
You have to follow the second method which may require internet but have no worry as it does not consume data (Less than 1MB).
How to Convert Word to PDF Using MS Word – Step 1
This is what we really want to teach you today, how to convert word to PDF is what you are here to learn.
Without wasting government time, below are the steps on how to convert word to PDF.
- Open your MS Word and create your file or text as normal; adding image if necessary.
- Format your document to your own taste when through
- Click the File tab or the Office Button
- Choose Save As. (A dialog box will pop up asking you have to choose a location and folder).
- Enter the File Name you like.
- Below file name, you will see Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf).
- Click Save.
You have simply learned how to convert word to PDF.
How to Convert Word to PDF Using MS Word – Step 2
If you try the above method and it didn’t work for you or maybe you didn’t see the .pdf format on the drop down.
Don’t worry as we have promised to teach you how to convert word to PDF
Simply follow the below method; you need internet connection of about 1MB depending on your document size.
- Visit this online document converter https://smallpdf.com and choose the document type you want to convert to PDF (they are lots of formats).
- Upload the document you want to convert to PDF from your computer
- On Uploading, the site will automatically start the conversion
- When it has finished, simply click on the PDF and download to your computer
You have simply learned how to convert word to PDF online.
Remember to share with friends and family. Let us know what you think by using the comment button.